One of the email platforms on the internet is Gmail. As a subsidiary of Google, Gmail can be created by anyone and even you must have a Gmail account to be able to use Android-based phones.
When Gmail was first introduced, its development was limited to only allowing users to invite their friends to create a Gmail account. This is so that Gmail can maintain its elite reputation and limit growth. Instantly Gmail became one of the most popular email services. Unlike its competitors, Gmail doesn’t place ads in your messages or add anything to your mail. Ads are computer generated, not intentionally placed by Gmail. There are not even any ads if you open Gmail on your cellphone. Then, what are the functions of having an email from our daily activities?
As Self Identity
That’s right, email is an identity because everything on the Internet requires personal data. If you are active in cyberspace, then this email address is your identity. Having an email has become an obligation. Because through this email you can do various digital service activations either through your desktop or smartphone.
Email as a Marketing Media
Having an email can also be a means of marketing media. Because via email you can send product promotions or other information to your email list. Although email marketing is the oldest online marketing method, email marketing is still part of effective online marketing.
After knowing the function of having an email, then in the next section we will discuss how to create a Gmail email account.
How to create a new Gmail account on a computer
Here’s how to create a Gmail account on your computer, here the step.
- Enter the address www.gmail.com in your web browser.
- Click create an account, a box will open.
- Fill in your personal data completely. In the fields after the name, you can choose a name for the username.
- If there is writing That username is taken. Try another. That’s a sign that someone else has used the username you chose. You can outsmart it by adding numbers.
- Fill in all unfilled fields with the correct data.
- Click Next Step, an agreement will appear, or a terms box, click on I Agree.
- You have a Gmail account now.
How to create a new Gmail account on Android or HP with other OS
Here’s how to create a Gmail account via mobile platforms such as cellphones and tablets.
- Look for the settings menu or settings on the HP.
- Look for the account or account menu. Select add account or add account.
- Look for the Google icon. The ‘sign in’ and ‘create a new account’ options will appear, then select ‘create a new account’.
- Fill in your first name and last name, then click next. Fill in your date of birth and gender, then click next.
- Select a name as your username, then click next.
- If there is writing That username is taken. Try another. That’s a sign that someone else has used the username you chose. You can outsmart it by adding numbers. If so, click next.
- Next is to choose your password. Minimum 8 characters, can use lowercase, uppercase, numbers, and unique characters. Do not forget! Equalize the fill of the top column with the bottom. If so, click next.
- The Privacy and Terms box will appear, Click on the ‘I Agree’ button.
- After that there will be a confirmation of the username and password. Click Next.
- Then the payment options appear. You can skip it by selecting No Thanks, then click Next.
- The application will process. After that you will get a notification saying that you already have a new Gmail account.
Well, that was how to create a Gmail account via an Android smartphone. Apparently the use of this email is not only for personal use, but a company should also have its own email server. In contrast to free email as above, by using an email server you can configure to use Email with your own domain name. What are the advantages of using an email server to support your business activities?
- Earn the trust of customers
- Have business email for all team members
- Have an email that is safe from viruses and malware
- Improve the quality of data privacy.