Zoom Meeting users are no longer dominated by office workers who are running Work from Home or working from home. Applications for virtual meetings and video conferences are now widely accessed in the education sector during the COVID-19 pandemic. Especially for teachers and students who are carrying out online teaching and learning activities.
Because as is known, the central government still prohibits areas that are in the yellow, orange, and red zones to open schools. So an application like Zoom Meeting is an important vehicle for connecting teachers with their students who are at home.
Zoom Meeting itself was released last January 2013. Besides being available as an application on smartphone devices, Zoom Meeting can also be accessed through the zoom.us website for Windows, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, and Android operating systems.
For those of you who want to use the Zoom application via a mobile device, you must first register using the mobile application, the process is similar to the one on the website. As reported by The Verge, Wednesday (15/7/2020), here’s how to register it:
Here’s how to register and use the Zoom Meeting application.
a. How to register Zoom
Registering or creating a Zoom account is relatively easy and free of charge or free, either through the website or application on the cellphone. Here are the steps:
- Open the Zoom application, then tap ‘Sign Up’
- Enter email address. Then the first name and last name you want to display for other users. Don’t forget to check the Terms of Service agreement. After that, tap ‘Sign Up’.
- An email will be sent to the email address used. Tap ‘Activate Account’ on the email.
- Enter the desired password for the Zoom account. The registration process is complete. Zoom account can already be used.
- If you already have a Zoom Meeting account, you can choose ‘Sign In’. Just enter your registered email address and password.
2. Via the website
- Visit zoom.us, then click the ‘Sign Up’ button
- Fill in the email and name fields.
- Check your email and activate it.
If you already have an account, you can choose ‘Sign In’. Just enter your registered email address and password.
How to use Zoom Meeting
Teachers should have prepared a Zoom Meeting room for parents or students. Some just click the link provided, some have to enter the meeting ID and password provided by the teacher or admin.
For teachers who act as hosts, they must first create a room in the Zoom Meeting. Hosts should use a laptop or computer because it is easier to use. The steps are as follows:
- Open the Zoom Meeting app
- Click “Start” on the option ‘My Personal Meeting ID’
- Then select ‘Invite Others’. Inviting participants can be done via email or copying the link listed and sent to each student or their parents.
- Wait for all participants to enter the meeting room. In the security menu there is also an option “Lock Meeting” that can be checked.
- If the meeting or teaching and learning activities have ended, the host can click the ‘End Meeting for All’ option on the Zoom Meeting.
First, download the Zoom app on iOS or Android. When the user opens the app, the user will be given the option to join a meeting, register for Zoom, or sign in to a Zoom account. Tap “Register” (Sign Up). Next, the user will be asked to confirm age.
After that, the user will be asked to enter the user’s email address, first name and last name. After doing so, click “Register” (Sign Up) and the user will be sent an activation email.
Tap the “Activate Account” button in the email the user receives, or copy and paste the activation URL into the mobile browser. From there, users will be prompted to complete the same steps outlined above to create an account, only done from a mobile browser.
Once the user enters the page that has the user’s personal Zoom meeting URL and an orange button that says “Start Meeting Now”, tap on one and the user will be taken directly to the waiting room for a test meeting in the Zoom app.
To open the meeting, tap the “Sign In” button at the bottom of the screen. On the next screen, enter the user’s login information and tap the “Sign In” button. The user test meeting will open in the app.
The steps above are an easy way to register on Zoom. Good luck!